Michala works sensitively and professionally with clients to achieve desired outcomes in a range of legal matters.
Michala is able to confidently assist clients with both negotiation and litigation based matters.
Michala is an enthusiastic solicitor who specialises in the area of family law. Michala is a confident court advocate who can represent your needs not only in court but also in other forums such as mediation and conciliation.
During her university studies Michala undertook multiple classes to increase her knowledge in the area of family law, including an honours thesis on surrogacy. Upon graduation Michala gained valuable insight into Family Law by working as an associate to Judge Walker in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia. During this time Michala was immersed in the court process, liaising with judicial officers, legal practitioners and court registry staff. This experience now assists Michala in representing her clients’ needs both within and outside the court arena.
Michala has broadened her practice areas and is able to assist with a range of matters as listed below.
- Family law – including property settlements, parenting disputes, prenuptial and financial agreements, grandparent’s rights, de facto relationships, same-sex relationships, child support, mediation, court advocacy and negotiations.
- Family provision matters – including negotiation and litigation of family provision claims in the Supreme Court.
- Legal documentation – including wills, power of attorneys, enduring guardians, granny-flat agreements and deeds.
- Criminal matters – including apprehended violence orders, traffic offences, court appearances, sentence hearings, defended hearings and agency matters.
- Civil disputes – including agency work, debt recovery, neighbourhood disputes, and court advocacy.
Michala is a member of the Domestic Violence Practitioner Scheme and partakes in the duty roster at Nowra Local Court providing advice to victims of domestic violence. Michala is also a member of the South Coast Family Law Pathways Network which aims to enhance liaison between support entities in the South Coast area so that a holistic approach may be provided to clients. Michala is also a committee member of Shoalhaven Professional Business Association and Shoalcoast.
Michala grew up in the local area and after spending some time away to broaden her experience, she is happy to be a part of the community and Marriott Oliver. In her spare time Michala enjoys travelling and team sports such as touch football and netball.
Michala is currently on maternity leave and due back February 2017.